



Well it has been a few days since I checked in, so Friday night we took the girls to the big Union County Fair...it was a muddy mess from the 2 inches of rain we got on Thursday, but the girls rode rides, had corn dogs, cotton candy and orange shake ups! They had fun! Brad and I went on a dinner date Saturday night since it is a rare occasion that we get to spend time together without children. We went to Texas Roadhouse and ejoyed our dinner! Sunday Brad took the girls to his mom's to go swimming while mommy stayed home and studied....:(
School has been going well for both A and I, A was very stubborn last week, she isn't real into the learning to read, and told me "I will just learn to read when I get big", "I don't know how to read" , " I don't want to read". So we had a long week, to put lightly, the first night of homework she wouldn't even try to sound the words out...and she knows how, she would just look at me and throw out random words without even looking at the page.......wow! Then after 2 hours of this drama I told her she could go to her room and work on it and she would not be watching any TV or playing until her homework was done. Twenty minutes later she asked me if I wanted her to read me the book.......she opened the book and read the whole thing.........when she finished and I praised her for her good work, I asked her why she just didn't read it 2 hours ago so we didn't have to go through all the drama and she said........................"because I told you I didn't want to read it then." Lord Help Me!



2 comments:
Sounds like you had a good, but busy weekend...
Sounds like her Aunt C!!!!!
Post a Comment